Mittwoch, 12. Oktober 2016

[Review] TonyMoly The Chok Chok Green Tea Watery Cream

Hi pandas,

how are you doing? A new term in university has started and I also have recently moved to a new apartment meaning most of my days are packed with errands and/or studying. This adult thing can be tiring XD

Nevertheless I planned some time to blog for today and I bring you a more or less simple product that may not look like much but still deserves the spotlight for some time.



What they say:
The hydrating skin care contains the moisture of fermented green tea cultivated by sunlight, wind, and nature throughout four seasons.


Ingredients:
Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract (63%), Cyclomethicone, Propanediol, Glycerin, Glycereth-26, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Olivate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6, Polysilicone-11, Phytosteryl/Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Crosspolymer, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Seed Oil, Disodium EDTA, 3-0-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid

Here is the cosdna analysis. As you can see, no red flags at all! Most important to me was that there was no alcohol.

Now for the story of how me and this cream found each other.
I have been using the HadaLabo Milky Lotion as my moisturizer for a few years now. It was (and still is) one of my favourite skincare products every. Easy to use and very simple in formulation. Last time when I lived in Japan it worked all year round because my skincare routine had been very simple back then. But this time...oh boy.
If I had to describe Japanese summer in one word, I would probably use "hell". You might think that I exaggerate but seriously, Japanese summer is not nice. It's humid 24/7 (once checked the humidity at 9pm and it was 96%...), hot and you will sweat all the god damn time. This made my skin freak out (hello breakouts!), which is actually the case for many people, even Japanese people who are 'used' to this climate. This also meant that my skincare routine with several layers was way too heavy for this weather and especially the HadaLabo Milky Lotion felt way too heavy on top of the essences and fte and what not for my skintype (normal with oily T-zone), despite being a rather light product in itself. So, the search for a new moisturizer started since I didn't want to ditch the essences. I tried a few emulsions but nothing really impressed me and my skin.
When I was in Korea in August, I made it my goal to test out a few moisturizers there. So, when I was in the TonyMoly store and looked around, I saw that they had a few new skincare lines. Included was the 'Chok Chok Green Tea' line.
I'm a huge sucker for green tea in all forms. I just love that stuff and fermented green tea sounded very interesting. So I was instantly drawn to the shelf with all the green packages and among these was the watery cream. It also came in a special set with the watery skin and ended up in my shopping basket faster than any part of my brain could even say 'no'.



The whole line is designed to be a little bit more 'mature' than the usual very cute Tonymoly design and according to the star ingredient green tea it is mostly a very nice shade of green that reminds me of matcha with black caps and white lettering. I personally really like the design.
The actual tub is plastic (well, you are buying a roadshop brand product after all) but doesn't look overly cheap. One warning about the cream: the actual content of the tub is much smaller than it looks. Inside the green part is a smaller tub that is filled with the product, resulting in an overall 60ml of product.
As you can see the cream was aditionally sealed under the cap.



The product itself is a slightly off-whitish cream that turns into a watery gel texture when applied to the skin. This is one of my favourite features about this product. I cannot stand too heavy textures, it makes me feel very uncomfortable. But I still need a last moisturizing layer, so this cream is perfect. It applies so easy on the skin and sinks in rather fast.

One thing that might put off some people is that it has a distinct scent. It smells like citrusy green tea to me (I get the feeling that I've had a drink or sweets at Osulloc in Korea with the same taste/scent....) and while it vanishes in a few minutes, you're in any way annoyed by scents this might be too strong for you.



I am so glad that I found this cream. It does exactly what I needed it to do: moisturize but not feel too heavy on my skin. I was still able to use my essences in hot Japanese summer without having my skin suffocating from all the layers. The citrusy green tea scent is a bonus for a green tea lover like me.
While it hasn't magically turned my skin into perfect, blemish-free skin it has saved me in the way that I finally a product suitable for my skintype in the hot weather. I generally do not expect a cream to do much more than moisturize so this will definitely stay a favourite of mine!
So, if you're looking for a lightweight moisturizer and like green tea, definitely give this a look!


Pros: lightweight, absorbs fast, moisturizes well

Cons: scent might be bothering for some people

Overall: 4.5/5

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen