Sonntag, 21. August 2016

[Review] Too Cool For School Color In Pop Lip Lacquer

Hi pandas,

How are you doing?
I'm finally trying to get some reviews done. There's especially a lot of lip products waiting for me to write about them, it almost feels like I'm drowning in them. And yet I keep buying more...

So here is the long overdue review of this lovely baby


What they say:
Vibrant color and incredibly moisturizing lip lacquer by famed brand, Too Cool for School. A favorite by many, these lip lacquers are great to keep lips moisturized as well. These contain 10% sunflower seed oil, panthenol, and phytosphingosine to keep lips from drying out.

Ingredients:






I got this product as part of a lucky bag in a Too Cool For School store in Tokyo hence the sticker with a Japanese description.
Since it was a lucky box I could not choose the color and by random I got number 2 Lady N Hussy. There are two more shades, number 1 Finale Issue and number 3 A Sweet Syrup. Number 2 is a bright, hot pink shade (it might look a bit different, more reddish on some pictures, I apologize beforehand. Somehow my camera has a hard time picking up red/pink shades truthfully...).




The design is darn adorable, if I might say so. The tub is a solid plastic in the color of the product itself and the cap has a plaid pattern like the paper packaging. I usually prefer more sleek designs but this is really nice.
Overall, the product is slim (especially comparing it to the gloss of the same series) and makes it easy to carry around.





The applicator is a standard doe foot applicator, that is rather stiff and slim. It didn't give me any problems applying the product. As you can see, some product is stuck to the applicator. I personally do not mind but some might find that off-putting.




It has a rather strong scent on the sweet side that does however vanish after applying.
The consistency actually surprised me. From the design and name I expected a glossy texture but it is rather creamy. It is very easy to apply and blend.





The finish is semi-matte and probably one of my favourite aspects of this product. It is not overly shiny or sticky (like lipglosses tend to be) but it also doesn't look too matte. The feeling of it on the lips is also quite nice. It is rather pigmented.




The wearing is also not too bad. It does wear off when eating/drinking a lot but otherwise it holds up fairly well.

Overall, I am quite impressed with this product. I probably wouldn't have picked it up on my own since neither the design nor the color are what I usually go for but now I wouldn't wanna give it away again. If you're looking for a lip product that offers decent pigmentation, semi-matte finish and wears nicely, I would definitely recommend it.



Pros: semi-matte finish, easy to apply and blend, decently pigmented, holds up pretty well

Cons: only limited color range (I'm grasping straws here XD)

Overall: 4.5/5

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen