Freitag, 19. August 2016

Melon makeup メロンメイク

Hi pandas,

how are you doing?
I have been wanting to participate in the Asian Beauty Link Party for quite a while now but could never really find the time. But now that I'm on a roll with my blogposts and the theme was "fruity", a very interesting theme, I thought to myself, why not?
I also took this opportunity to do something different than the usual review: a makeup look.

Makeup trends in Japan come and go faster than you can blink. Most of the time I have no idea what's in right now or I do not really understand the trend (like applying blush right under the eyes...). But this time, for once, I actually feel like I'm not behind the trend.
A lot of Korean bloggers have already talked about fruit themed makeup and we have seen strawberry and orange and peach and what not. Japan however has decided to focus on another fruit: the melon. Now, before your mind wanders off to watermelons and their deep red and green colors, we are talking about musk melons.

 
Picture taken from google

This is actually a pretty popular fruit in Japan. Most of the time if something is melon flavoured, it will be this taste, not watermelon taste.
Recently, there have been quite a few melon colored makeup products coming out in Japan like Canmake, Clinique, Lancome, etc 






The melon shade is pretty close to orange, just a slightly bit more on the peach side and rather light. It is quite hard to get if you're aiming for the exact same shade as the fruit. Even harder if you're trying to get the shade right in the camera... It came out a bit more peachy on me but it still made for a very nice and fruity look!

I had gotten an orange/melon color eyeshadow from Etude House back in March and recently one of the Japanese magazines had a makeup product set from Emoda as a free gift including an orange/melon color cheek and lip cream. So I was perfectly set to try out this look!

This picture probably shows the tone of the makeup the best

I applied the orange eyeshadow all over the lid and blended it out with a light brown. I tried to make it as light as possible. In retrospect I probably could have gone even lighter. The eyeliner is held very simple and thin.



I wanted to include the green of the melon as well but sadly didn't have the right shade so I went for turquoise.




For the lips I used the Emoda lip and cheek cream. It looks very orange in the pot but goes on more peachy/melony.




The Emoda lip and cheek cream also went on the cheeks. Now this loooked waaaay more orangy/melony in real life.

Now, this is a look I'm not used to at all. I rarely use orange for makeup and certainly not this much. You can always adjust by focusing on either the eyes, cheeks or lips to make it more suitable for everyday and people who are not used to orange/melon.

 

Here are the products that I used. There are 2,3 Western products but it's mainly Asian products.




And here are the two star products of the look: Etude House Look At My Eyes in RD 306 and the Emoda lip and cheek cream (which sadly doesn't have a color name, booh).


This was my first time trying to do a specific makeup look for the blog, how did you like it?

Also, don't forget to check out the rest of the link party, there are already nice posts and probably a lot more will come! Share the love :D

absee-mapletree




3 Kommentare:

  1. This is a really interesting look! I feel Japan really has a predication towards orange make up. My cousin loves her orange blusher.

    Sophie | MapleTreeBlog

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Yes, there is definitely a lot of orange makeup here. Was strange to use it at first, but I have come to like it quite a bit!

      Löschen
  2. That's such a great look! May I ask what the Etude House shades you used are?

    AntwortenLöschen