Sonntag, 6. März 2016

[Review] Etude House Beauty Shot Face Blur

Hello pandas,

How are you doing? Can you imagine, the first week of March is already over. Time is flying so fast.
In lack of interesting stuff to tell you, on to the review =D




What they say:
This lightweight cream provides multi-blurring effects for instantly refined and smooth skin. Skin's texture is smoothed; pores minimized and complexion brightened.




Ingredients:
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Butylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Trisiloxane, Niacinamide, Lauryl Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Zinc Oxide (Ci 77947), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Disodium Edta, Adenosine, Methicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, MICA (CI 77019), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Fragrance 

There are different lists of ingredients floating around. This is the English version taken from the packaging. It is identical with the Korean version on the packaging, just the order is a tiny bit different.
Cosdna shows Butylene Glycol, Zinc Oxide and Stearic Acid as a potential acne trigger but nothing too bad. I personally didn't have any problems with any ingredient.





For the longest time I thought primers are a waste of money. I couldn't imagine that adding another layer to my face could benefit in any way besides making the skin feel uncomfortable and clogging pores. But I kept seeing rave reviews about this little guy and somehow I gave in and bought it when I visited the Etude House store here in Tokyo.

The Etude House Beauty Shot Face Blur comes in a packaging that I would describe as very typical for Etude House. It is cute and has a princessy-feel. Even though it might even be one of the more toned down designs concerning Etude House.
It is a cream colored plastic bottle with a flesh colored cap. The paper packaging is also in flesh and creamy colors with  descriptions in English, Korean and Japanese (in my case on a sticker since I bought it in Japan).





The pump is a pretty generic pump but it should be mentioned that it is an air-tight vacuum system. The whole packaging is made out of plastic. It may look a bit cheap to some people but I think it fits the general theme of Etude House.





The product has a light flesh color and has a rather liquidy consistency that is really easy to spread.
One of the downsides to the Face Blur might be the scent. It is pretty heavy and on the floral/perfumy side. If I remember correctly from the samples I tried from Etude House BB Creams before it is similar to those. It vanishes after a while but if your sensitive towards scents this is not for you.


bare face - Beauty Shot Face Blur applied

The Beauty Shot Face Blur works pretty good as a primer. It does not offer a lot of coverage but if you have only minor blemishes this might even work as your only "make-up" product. As you can see it does indeed create a "blur" effect. My pores and SFs are pretty stubborn so it cannot completely erase them but it does look a lot better with the Beauty Shot Face Blur applied. Overall it does create a nice smooth surface and does not interfere with BB Creams or foundations you might apply afterwards.

The Face Blur offers a SPF of 33 but I personally wouldn't rely on a primer for sun protection.
I couldn't notice it helping it with the longevity of my base products but since it doesn't advertise doing so it is allright.

I will look into matte primers and other pore primers next but I do really like this primer. I'm really happy I chose this as my first step into the world of primers, it was no disappointment.
It is definitely a good product for beginners or people new to primers.




Pros: creates smooth surface, hides pores rather well, easy to spread

Cons: rather strong scent, doesn't make base product last longer



Overall: 4/5

4 Kommentare:

  1. Oh now I really want to try this. It looks just like what I have been looking for!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I hope it will be the product you have been looking for =D

      Löschen
  2. Thank you for sharing your photos and ideas. I am very impressed with the results under your eyes. I can't wait to try this!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you for reading and commenting. I'm glad my review was helpful :D

      Löschen