Mittwoch, 22. Oktober 2014

[Review] Skin79 VIP Gold Collection Super+ BB Cream

Hello Dears,

The weather here turned rainy and grey, makes me want to stay at home everyday. I hope it's better where you are and if not, take care of yourselfs to not catch a cold~


Today I will share with a review of one of my all-time favourite BB Creams

What they say:
It is 3 effects functional beblesh balm. By Adenosine and Arbutin ingredients which are effective in whitening, wrinkles improvement cultivate more bright and elastic skin. Intercept ultraviolet rays UV A and B at the same time and protect your skin exposed from the sun more thoroughly.OSMOPUR ingredient of new concept which are Mined Sunflower, Rice Bran, Ivy Extracts protect skin from various harmful conditions. Phyto Complex ingredient which is good for skin moisturizing and soothing makes your skin always moist and healthy.This is W/S shape which is good for skin affinity and it make your skin light, soft and dry all day without that skin gooey. (Taken from skin79.com.my)


The first time when I discovered BB Creams it was about 3-4 years ago. I was so fed up with foundations available here in Germany because they never fit my pale skin and my face looked liked an oompa-loompa more than I want to admit. I surfed the webs searching for an alternative and being a fan of Kpop/Jrock/Asian culture I stumbled upon BB Creams. Back then you couldn't find many brands on the web but Skin79 was one of the brands available for shipping to Germany. At that time I could only choose between pink and gold and I picked pink because it is made for oily/combination skin and was very happy with it. In winter I chose to buy the gold one and it was a combination that I used for quite a time. I adventured more into the BB Cream world and found a lovely one for the summer (Holika Holika Petit Aqua Jelly BB Cream) but now it's getting colder and I didn't know which to chose I went back to an old favourite (Skin79 Germany having a sale also helped :p)

Skin79-Vip-Gold-bb-creamCouldn't find an ingredients list so I thoughts I'd include this graphic
(Taken from skin79.com.my)

I bought mine from the official German Skin79 website so there's also a sticker on the package with a German explanation. Very nice touch.



The actual packaging is a very nice silvery-gold bottle with a pump (I love when they include pumps!)

Swatch on my hand

Swatch blended
This is the amount that comes out with one full pump. As you can see it's quite a lot so you may not even have to use one full pump, depending on your face and skin condition.

One of the first things you will probably notice is the color. It's quite on the grey side. On the website, they call it "natural beige". They remade the formula in 2014 and I remember it looking even more grey in earlier versions. I have to tell you, that this BB Cream can definitely make you look ghostly and washed out.

The smell is rather strong and floraly. Since this was my first BB Cream I'm used to this particular scent and I'm quite fond of it.

Bare face
BB Cream

Full-face make-up

Full-face make-up
about 7 hours later
As you can see in the pictures the BB Cream definitely looks very pale and it's a bit lighter than my neck area. I will get paler in winter so I hope it will fit perfectly by then. So this BB Cream is definitely nothing for people with a darker skin-tone. I really wish they would make a version without that grey tint.
The formula is very nice. Kinda thick at the beginning but once it's on the skin you can apply it fairly well. There is a danger to it looking cakey when you apply too much so I would advise you to just apply a little at first and then build it up to your liking (I obviously used too much in these pictures -.-)
The BB Cream itself has a dewy and glowy finish but I always use powder so I don't care too much for the finish of my foundation/powder. It also feels good on the skin in my opinion.
The coverage is really good and it also holds up pretty well. I walked through the rain and wind today and it still looks decent after 7 hours.

So, except for the greyish color, this is really a good BB Cream in my opinion. If you have very oily skin this gold version is probably too rich for you and you should rather the the pink, orange or green version.
Skin79 Germany was nice enough to send samples of every version of their BB Creams with my order so I will try them all. I'm especially excited for the green and orange version since their tone is described as "light beige" and seems to not have a grey hue.

Pros: long lasting, good coverage, nice feeling on the skin

Cons: grey hue, can look cakey

Overall: 4.5/5

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen