Mittwoch, 15. Oktober 2014

[Review] Cure Natural Aqua Gel

Hello dears,

I hope you're all doing fine. Germany became really cold lately and I'm busy shivering every day -.-

When it's getting cold it's also time to put more effort into skin care. And what's part of good skin care? Right, exfoliating.
Today I will share a review about a really cool exfoliating product from Japan.






I'm talking about the Cure Natural Aqua Gel.

What they say:
‘Natural Aqua Gel Cure’ gently removes the dried surface of rough skin.
It is a very simple product as approximately 91% of ‘Natural Aqua Gel Cure’ is water.
It is fragrance free. Has no artificial colors or preservatives.
‘Natural Aqua Gel Cure’ is very gentle on the skin. In fact,
it uses a protective solution that is applied by ophthalmologists for eye surgery.  



Ingredients:
Here are the ingredients of Cure Natural Aqua Gel: water (activated hydrogen water, non-acidic and purified), glycerin, acrylates/C10-30, alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, dicocodimonium, chloride, steartrimonium bromide, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, gingko biloba extract, rosmarinus officinalis/rosemary leaf extract, butylene glycol.

Now that's a nice short ingredients list. You can read more about the ingredients on their site, including an explanation for what they use each ingredient. You can also see that the main ingredient, water, is about 91%All in all, I do not only like the ingredients but also the level of transparency the company provides.



This product got very famous without a lot of promotions and advertising and it is said that one bottle is sold every 20 seconds (!).

Texture: Well, it's a gel, so it has a gel-like texture "^^ When you start spreading it, it almost turns into a watery consistency.

Smell: It has a strong smell when you start massaging it into your skin. But I can't quite figure out what smell it is. A little bit like alcohol maybe. It vanishes pretty soon.

Packaging: It's in a nice, slim plastic bottle with a pump. Not the best for traveling, but I like it.

put a drop on my hand

Massaging it into the skin



Dead skin cells
Effects:This product claims to remove dead skin cells rather than being a peeling product. EDIT: 2catsinjapan has told me that the little white flakes are actually not your dead skin cells. The products reacts with the air and those little white flakes force your dead skin cells to come off. So technically you could call it a physical peeling. But it claims to be gentler to the skin than other exfoliants because it neither uses harsh chemicals nor beads in order to remove dead skin cells.
I must admit, it truly is a very gentle exfoliant. While I can see some results after using it (skin feels smoother and looks brighter) I don't think this is enough as the only exfoliant for my skin type (combination/normal - very oily t-zone with blackheads on my nose). I feel like I need something stronger to fight with the oily parts on my face and especially to get rid of the blackheads on my nose. However I like the Cure Natural Aqua Gel so I'm using it in alternation with a chemical exfoliator. If you have dry or sensitve skin this product could be enough for you though, I guess.
I find that this product works best on dry skin but I guess you can also use it on damp skin.

Repurchase: I honestly don't know. It's not strong enough for my skin type and a bit expensive.Even though it's a bit on the pricier side...
You can buy it on amazon, on ichibankao or on ebay.


Pros: gentle to the skin, short ingredients list, main ingredient water

Cons: a bit pricey, could be not strong enough for some people

Overall: 3/5

2 Kommentare:

  1. I find it quite pricey for what it provides. I much prefer the gentle fruit enzyme gels from DetClear.
    Also it's a marketing gimmick that those white shreds are your dead skin cells. I used to believe this as well. Until my dermatologist explained how it truly works.
    It's the gel that changes its consistency when exposed to air and mechanically manipulated (rubbed on the skin). Then the small shreds force the dead skin and other impurities off and capture them.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I still had a bottle from Japan that I used quite sparingly because the price when buying it online always put me off repurchasing it.
      Damn, that really sucks that it's not true with the dead skin cells. I wanted to go away from physical peelings while I was in Japan and I bought the Cure one because the name sounded familiar. I will take a look at the gels from DetClear when I'm (hopefully soon) in Japan again.
      Thanks for your comment =D

      Löschen